Senior Website Developer
SofterWare is on the “Philly.com Top Workplaces” list for the seventh time! We have enjoyed over 35 years of continuous growth because our employees and customers are happy. Our employees are offered a challenging and rewarding career along with a generous benefits program. SofterWare is a fun place to work and we support a work-life balance.
We offer benefits such as time off to volunteer, meditation classes, and a casual dress environment. In addition, we enjoy company events like a family Halloween open house and an annual holiday party. Our open office is state of the art and provides you with access to a gym, cafeteria, and walking trails, which will keep you energized.
Our rapidly growing company is looking to hire a Senior Website Developer. This person will be responsible for developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining our websites. This self-motivated and experienced individual will also troubleshoot and solve technical issues, research new technical solutions, and suggest improvements for our website’s functionality, coding and performance.
- Coding of new websites from mockups
- Coding of landing pages and pages of websites from mockups
- Creation and deployment of HTML email campaigns
- Editing/Creating WordPress themes and plugins
- Creation and deployment of websites
- Apply Search-engine optimization on web pages and website
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps
- Support the rest of the design & marketing team as needed – creating email campaigns, landing pages, SEO, etc.
- Collaborate with creative managers, writers, and sales reps to ensure materials meet business objectives
- Provide feedback to the team related to all projects.
- Help in training other members of the team.
- Review and Launch pages and files for the websites
- Reviewing work of other members on the web team.
- Launch websites from various servers.
- Assist quality assurance through testing websites, email, and forms
- Manage projects to completion
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Design, Coding or Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Certification in Computer Science areas
- 7-9 years experience in design and web development
- Website design and coding – Proficiency/Expert in HTML, Responsive HTML, CSS
- Email design and coding – Proficiency/Expert in HTML, Responsive HTML, CSS for emails.
- Design Programs – (Proficiency/Expert in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator)
- Proficiency/Expert in coding in PHP, and working in WordPress
- Proficiency/Expert of working in a GIT repository environment
- Proficiency/Expert Search Engine Optimization
- Proficiency in working with various website API’s
- Proficiency/Expert in integrating with Social Media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube).
- Proficiency with Docker
- Proficiency with Automation tools such as Terraform
- Proficiency with AWS ECS/Fargate
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong project and time management skills with the ability to consistently meet multiple deadlines.
- Works well with others in a collaborative environment while also capable of working individually on projects
- Engages as a self-motivated team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on PC or Mac
Preferred, but not required:
- Familiarity with
"As I think about being an employee of SofterWare the idea of personal investment comes to mind. My experience at SofterWare has been one of learning from some amazing people who were willing to take time to invest in me to help me excel at my job and for that I am grateful. When I think about my job as a trainer, the word "aha" comes to mind. As a trainer, I love the fact I have the opportunity to be part of others learning journey and their aha moments, truly understanding how something works or how something can help them do their jobs better."
Internal and External Training Specialist