UX Front-End Developer
SofterWare is on the “Philly.com Top Workplaces” list for the seventh time! We have enjoyed over 35 years of continuous growth because our employees and customers are happy. Our employees are offered a challenging and rewarding career along with a generous benefits program. SofterWare is a fun place to work and we support a work-life balance.
We offer benefits such as time off to volunteer, meditation classes, and a casual dress environment. In addition, we enjoy company events like a family Halloween open house and an annual holiday party. Our open office is state of the art and provides you with access to a gym, cafeteria, and walking trails, which will keep you energized.
We are seeking a Front-End Developer with a passion for UI/UX to join our growing UX Department to bring our team’s designs to life within our various products. The ideal candidate will combine the creativity and empathy of a UX Designer with the skill set of a Front-End Developer. This role will serve as the bridge between our User Experience and Product Development teams, so it is paramount that he/she has high attention to detail, elevated design aesthetic, desire to build intuitive products and advocates for the standards we set.
- Translate the designs of the UI/UX Team into HTML and CSS/SASS that our Developers can build into functional applications
- Jump between products that have unique tech stacks and design systems
- Create functional prototypes using HTML and CSS for usability testing
- Establish and promote best practices, design guidelines and standards
- Participate in the product architecture, design and development process
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use in mind
- Collaborate with designers, developers, and stakeholders
- Work closely with UX Designers to provide them with an understanding of opportunities and limitations of the tech
- Stay current with UX and Development trends, standards, and principles
- Work within Agile project management methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in UX design and front-end development – preferably within a SAAS or software product-oriented organization
- Strong working knowledge of with CSS pre-processors (SASS preferred)
- Expertise building responsive pages for a cohesive experience on all devices
- Proficiency in version control (Git preferred)
- Hands on experience working with API calls
- An eye for incorporating subtle animated interactions for a delightful experience
- Experience conducting cross-browser testing to ensure performance and functionality
- Bootstrap or similar CSS frameworks experience is a plus
- Familiarity with Sketch, Invision and Adobe Creative Suite
- Initiative to learn emerging technologies
- Strong project and time management skills with the ability to consistently meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative environment while also capable of working on projects individually
- An online portfolio or links showcasing relevant experience
"Life at SofterWare is rewarding in many ways. The flexible work schedules allow for a great balance outside of the office. In daily activity, I love working with knowledgeable members from all departments when troubleshooting issues as well as gaining insights for improvements to the current products and future enhancements. I have found that my coworkers have great knowledge of the fundraising industry and they enjoy sharing that experience to make our products the best they can be. "