User Experience (UX) Designer/Developer
SofterWare is on the “Philly.com Top Workplaces” list for the seventh time! We have enjoyed over 35 years of continuous growth because our employees and customers are happy. Our employees are offered a challenging and rewarding career along with a generous benefits program. SofterWare is a fun place to work and we support a work-life balance.
We offer benefits such as time off to volunteer, meditation classes, and a casual dress environment. In addition, we enjoy company events like a family Halloween open house and an annual holiday party. Our open office is state of the art and provides you with access to a gym, cafeteria, and walking trails, which will keep you energized.
We are currently seeking a User Experience (UX) Designer/Developer to join our team. The UX Designer/Developer will combine the creative abilities of a UX designer with many of the skills of a front-end developer and work directly with clients, Business Analysts, Developers, and others to solve UI problems and create and code interfaces that are intuitive and exceptionally easy to use.
- Design visual layouts, graphics, pages and forms for SofterWare’s web-based and mobile products to enhance our clients’ user experience and maximize usability.
- Translate design ideas into markup, CSS and assets for Developers to implement as needed.
- Contribute to clear communication with our clients. This includes terminology, labels, error messages, and various other channels, when necessary.
- Design workflows that are effective and user-friendly.
- Maintain knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures of UX, including UI design.
- Perform usability testing and assessment activities as needed.
- Lead design review sessions to support a collaborative environment of capturing feedback from our clients and SofterWare’s staff.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Business Analysts, QA, and Developers to create a clean and elegant UI while helping to adhere to SofterWare’s product design standards.
- 2 to 4 years demonstrated experience in UI design.
- Strong proficiency in design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of contemporary web design and accessibility standards and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to create user-friendly UIs working from requirements.
- Ability to clearly communicate your design decisions to the team.
- Ability to write out scenarios for usability testing.
- Must be able to work and collaborate with various clients and departments at SofterWare.
- Experience creating and delivering User Experiences within an Agile environment such as Scrum methodology is a plus, but not required.
- Experience using tools such as FullStory, Avocode, and Usabilla is a plus, but not required.
- Experience/familiarity with a nonprofit organization or childcare a plus but not required.
"Life at SofterWare is rewarding in many ways. The flexible work schedules allow for a great balance outside of the office. In daily activity, I love working with knowledgeable members from all departments when troubleshooting issues as well as gaining insights for improvements to the current products and future enhancements. I have found that my coworkers have great knowledge of the fundraising industry and they enjoy sharing that experience to make our products the best they can be. "