User Experience (UX) Designer/Developer
SofterWare is on the “Philly.com Top Workplaces” list for the seventh time! We have enjoyed over 35 years of continuous growth because our employees and customers are happy. Our employees are offered a challenging and rewarding career along with a generous benefits program. SofterWare is a fun place to work and we support a work-life balance.
We offer benefits such as time off to volunteer, meditation classes, and a casual dress environment. In addition, we enjoy company events like a family Halloween open house and an annual holiday party. Our open office is state of the art and provides you with access to a gym, cafeteria, and walking trails, which will keep you energized.
We are currently seeking a User Experience (UX) Designer/Developer to join our team. The UX Designer/Developer will combine the creative abilities of a UX designer with many of the skills of a front-end developer, and work with Business Analysts, Developers, and others directly to solve UI problems and create and code intuitive interfaces.
- Design visual layout for SofterWare’s web-based products to enhance aesthetic appeal and maximize usability
- Translate design ideas into markup. css, and assets for Developers to implement
- Design graphics, pages, and forms
- Contribute to clear communication to clients. This includes terminology, labels, error messages, and various other channels, when necessary
- Work with Development to design workflows consistent with project requirements
- Help establish and adhere to design standards for SofterWare’s various products
- Maintain knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures of UX, including UI design
- Assist in usability activities of the UX Department
- Coordinate with various department across company to build a good user experience for clients
- 2-4 years demonstrated experience in UI design
- Strong proficiency in design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of contemporary web design standards and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to create usable and user-friendly UIs working from development requirements
- Ability to write out scenarios for usability testing
- Must be able to work and coordinate with varied staff in Development, Support, and other areas of the company to get feedback and insight on designs
"Life at SofterWare is rewarding in many ways. The flexible work schedules allow for a great balance outside of the office. In daily activity, I love working with knowledgeable members from all departments when troubleshooting issues as well as gaining insights for improvements to the current products and future enhancements. I have found that my coworkers have great knowledge of the fundraising industry and they enjoy sharing that experience to make our products the best they can be. "