User Experience Manager
SofterWare is on the “Philly.com Top Workplaces” list for the seventh time! We have enjoyed over 35 years of continuous growth because our employees and customers are happy. Our employees are offered a challenging and rewarding career along with a generous benefits program. SofterWare is a fun place to work and we support a work-life balance.
We offer benefits such as time off to volunteer, meditation classes, and a casual dress environment. In addition, we enjoy company events like a family Halloween open house and an annual holiday party. Our open office is state of the art and provides you with access to a gym, cafeteria, and walking trails, which will keep you energized.
Are you passionate about User Interfaces, designing outstanding software, delighting customers, and making a difference?
As our User Experience (UX) Manager, you’ll oversee the creation of a consistent, intuitive, easy-to-use user and elegant user experiences throughout all our products. You will lead a top-notch team of experienced and accomplished UX designers and advocate for the voice of the client in all aspects our software. As you learn about our products, you will collaborate with our Product Managers, Developers, Business Analysts, and Support Staff improving and delivering software that is outstanding in our markets, contributing to the success of our users and helping them make the world a better place
- Establish and implement a UX vision to lead the UX product design process throughout the lifecycle of our product development process
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship for a team of UX Designers
- Oversee the development of UX designs, including research, scenarios, wireframes, prototypes, testing and defining functional specifications
- Lead usability testing sessions with our clients to ensure their voice is present in the design of our software
- Coordinate and strategize all client interactions done by the UX department
- Collaborate and participate on cross-functional development teams for all of our product releases, platforms, and devices within an Agile development methodology to deliver products with an innovative experience design
- Ensure the success of UX strategy and champion the best possible user experience
- Review completed UX design work for approval according to agreed user design and use cases.
- Analyze web data, market research, beta, and customer usability feedback to recommend and incorporate changes that simplify and improve the user experience and strengthen customer loyalty
- Help define and maintain a global patterns and guidelines library
- 5+ years of experience in UX Design
- 3 years of experience managing or leading design teams
- Demonstrated portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web and mobile applications.
- Working knowledge and support of Web Accessibility Standards
- Passion to constantly explore and evaluate the best design tools, processes, and practices
- Excellence at gaining consensus across multiple departments and leadership levels
- Stellar problem-solving skills, flexibility, and ability to effectively prioritize
- Experience with FullStory, Avocode, LookBack, and React Framework is a plus
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – able to clearly and effectively communicate UX design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and customers
- Passionate about resolving user pain points through great design, but open to receiving constructive feedback
- Expert in all areas of user experience design (information architecture, interaction design, visual design, prototype engineering, content)
- A bachelor’s degree in User Experience, Design or a related skill is preferred
"Life at SofterWare is rewarding in many ways. The flexible work schedules allow for a great balance outside of the office. In daily activity, I love working with knowledgeable members from all departments when troubleshooting issues as well as gaining insights for improvements to the current products and future enhancements. I have found that my coworkers have great knowledge of the fundraising industry and they enjoy sharing that experience to make our products the best they can be. "