Senior Software Developer
SofterWare is on the “Philly.com Top Workplaces” list for the seventh time! We have enjoyed over 35 years of continuous growth because our employees and customers are happy. Our employees are offered a challenging and rewarding career along with a generous benefits program. SofterWare is a fun place to work and we support a work-life balance.
We offer benefits such as time off to volunteer, meditation classes, and a casual dress environment. In addition, we enjoy company events like a family Halloween open house and an annual holiday party. Our open office is state of the art and provides you with access to a gym, cafeteria, and walking trails, which will keep you energized.
The success of SofterWare’s products is due, in large part, to the skills and professionalism of our Software Developers. We are looking for a talented Software Developer who possesses rock-solid .NET coding and SQL database skills, sound deductive reasoning, attention to detail, persistence, creativity, efficiency, and a sense of humor. We’ll also expect you to embody a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence while demonstrating great time management skills, the ability to work in both group and individual settings, and excellent communication skills.
- Participate in the on-going development of new features and enhancements for our applications while periodically being involved in other company-wide development initiatives.
- Recommend improvements to both the technology and business functionality of the product.
- Investigate and resolve system defects and errors in a timely fashion. Ensure best practices are employed throughout the process.
- Embrace the Agile SCRUM process, be accountable for your work and those of your teammates, ensure your code performs and is well-tested.
- Estimate, track, and deliver your own work effort and meet the commitments you make.
- Report project status, progress, or possible barriers to the timely release of production-ready software.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Two or more years’ experience in web application development using Microsoft C#, ASP.NET, MVC, AJAX/jQuery, Angular, and related technologies.
- Experienced with web application evaluation, testing, configuration, and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience with relational databases such as SQL Server and PostgreSQL
- Troubleshooting of .NET Framework related issues.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 – Microsoft Team Foundation Server & Git experience a plus
- IIS administration, planning, and deployment knowledge and Windows Server Administration is a strong plus.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud environments a plus.
- Experience with Docker, microservices, and distributed systems a plus.
- Proven ability to work well with others on a team, but capable of operating and delivering work independently
"Life at SofterWare is rewarding in many ways. The flexible work schedules allow for a great balance outside of the office. In daily activity, I love working with knowledgeable members from all departments when troubleshooting issues as well as gaining insights for improvements to the current products and future enhancements. I have found that my coworkers have great knowledge of the fundraising industry and they enjoy sharing that experience to make our products the best they can be. "