Senior Software Architect
SofterWare is on the “Philly.com Top Workplaces” list for the seventh time! We have enjoyed over 35 years of continuous growth because our employees and customers are happy. Our employees are offered a challenging and rewarding career along with a generous benefits program. SofterWare is a fun place to work and we support a work-life balance.
We offer benefits such as time off to volunteer, meditation classes, and a casual dress environment. In addition, we enjoy company events like a family Halloween open house and an annual holiday party. Our open office is state of the art and provides you with access to a gym, cafeteria, and walking trails, which will keep you energized.
We are seeking an experienced and well-seasoned Senior Software Architect to lead a ground-up rewrite/re-platform of our legacy application platforms into an all-new, integrated cloud-based technology suite. This is the opportunity that every architect craves and yet rarely comes along!
This role will lead to the establishment of a fully service-based architecture to support the rewrite, redesign, migration, and implementation of several well-established SAAS solutions utilizing AWS technologies. You must have strong, proven experience in these areas, as these solutions are already used by more than 10,000 clients every day. We recognize not everyone will meet all of the skills/experiences listed below, but the most successful candidate for this challenging role will bring:
- A proven history of designing and implementing solutions that are highly-available and highly-scalable utilizing Amazon AWS technologies, continuous deployment frameworks, and Agile/SCRUM team methodologies
- Expert level experience with Amazon technologies including EC2, Lambda function (serverless), Docker/Fargate, Elastic/Application Load Balancer, S3, Kinesis Firehose, RDS (MySql, SQL Server, and Aurora), DynamoDb (NoSql), Redshift, API Gateway, and Cognito. Experience implementing infrastructure as code, security automation and automation of routine maintenance tasks within AWS
- Experience designing and maintaining SOA and microservices architectures and REST based APIs with oAuth 2.0
- Expert level of experience with .Net Core, Asp.Net MVC utilizing C#, entity framework dependency injection, and Microsoft Visual Studio unit test framework. Experience with .Net Standard solutions also strongly desired
- Expert level of experience with relational data modeling and T-SQL coding
- Experience implementing coding frameworks for web servers with a focus on Microsoft .Net technologies (MVC, Razor Pages, WebForms) and client browsers (Angular 2+, React, Vue, MVVM)
- Experience customizing, and utilizing Team Foundation Server for source control and work item processes. Continuous deployment technologies utilizing TFS Build definitions, AWS CodeDeploy pipeline, and/or Docker container management
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with DevOps environment team leads, business units and stakeholders at all levels of the organization. Lead coding processes for reliable delivery of solutions utilizing best practices like code review and assessments, as well as collaborating with development team members for continuous improvement
- Lead transformation change using cost/benefit modeling, and create compelling business cases including total cost of ownership across the organization
- Skills co-authoring Software Development Lifecycle Standards with multiple development teams and solutions
Skills that would be considered a strong plus:
- Experience designing and implementing single sign-on solutions utilizing SAML, prefer experience integrating Salesforce single sign-on SAML solutions. Salesforce integration experience utilizing Apex
- Experience with designing and implementing machine/deep learning solutions with services such as Jupyter Notebooks, Python (Anaconda), AWS Sagemaker
- Experience with web-based payment processing solutions preferably Network Merchants Incorporated
- Minimum BA/BS in software engineering or computer science (MS degree in software engineering or computer science preferred)
- 3 years of experience architecting cloud technologies, preferably AWS
- 5 years of experience leading development teams and projects for scalable web solutions
- 10 years of software development experience implementing web-based solutions
- Prefer security, architecture, and industry certifications such as AWS Solution Architect, Certificate Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK), Microsoft Cloud Certification or Salesforce Certifications
"Life at SofterWare is rewarding in many ways. The flexible work schedules allow for a great balance outside of the office. In daily activity, I love working with knowledgeable members from all departments when troubleshooting issues as well as gaining insights for improvements to the current products and future enhancements. I have found that my coworkers have great knowledge of the fundraising industry and they enjoy sharing that experience to make our products the best they can be. "