SofterWare is on the “Philly.com Top Workplaces” list for the seventh time! We have enjoyed over 35 years of continuous growth because our employees and customers are happy. Our employees are offered a challenging and rewarding career along with a generous benefits program. SofterWare is a fun place to work and we support a work-life balance.
We offer benefits such as time off to volunteer, meditation classes, and a casual dress environment. In addition, we enjoy company events like a family Halloween open house and an annual holiday party. Our open office is state of the art and provides you with access to a gym, cafeteria, and walking trails, which will keep you energized.
The success of SofterWare’s products is due, in large part, to the skills and professionalism of our Quality Assurance Analysts. Our rapidly growing company is expanding its development department to include a new QA Analyst. This position is responsible for developing, publishing, and implementing test plans for our software applications.
- Write and maintain test automation using Selenium or comparable tools.
- Develop quality assurance standards.
- Define and track quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts.
- Utilize experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Suggest improvements to technology and business functionality of products.
- Estimate work activity, deliver high-quality work within established timeline, and ensure effective information flow throughout.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or related experience.
- Experience in creating, updating, and executing test plans.
- Ability to learn requirements quickly and translate those needs into testing strategies.
- Working knowledge of quality assurance methodologies.
- Extremely detailed and technically oriented, flexible team player.
- 3+ years experience with Microsoft technologies, including Team Foundation Server (TFS) and SQL Server, a plus.
- Coding in C#, C++, or Java a plus.
- May require availability outside of standard working hours (generally one weekend per month) for smoke/verification testing of newly deployed systems.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Excellent communication skills and strong work ethic.
- Strong time management skills and decision making capabilities.
- Experience with Agile preferred.
"I am part of a great team that is creative and collaborates well together. We constantly evaluate our testing efforts and strive to improve them. Throughout my career at SofterWare I have come to greatly appreciate the relationships that were built between my managers and co-workers. "