Merchant Account Specialist
SofterWare is on the “Philly.com Top Workplaces” list for the seventh time! We have enjoyed over 35 years of continuous growth because our employees and customers are happy. Our employees are offered a challenging and rewarding career along with a generous benefits program. SofterWare is a fun place to work and we support a work-life balance.
We offer benefits such as time off to volunteer, meditation classes, and a casual dress environment. In addition, we enjoy company events like a family Halloween open house and an annual holiday party. Our open office is state of the art and provides you with access to a gym, cafeteria, and walking trails, which will keep you energized.
The success of SofterWare’s products is due, in large part, to the skills and professionalism of our employees. We are currently seeking a Merchant Account Specialist to contribute to one of the fastest growing services of our company. Your primary responsibilities will involve client support, payment gateway creation, merchant account creation, and sales support. You will become an expert in the Credit Card and Electronic checking world. As you grow within the team, you will learn how credit card and electronic check transactions are made possible and you will become a subject matter expert on everything related to the facilitation of payments.
- Ensure that all necessary account applications are received
- Review processing options and pricing scales with prospects
- Coordinate with processing partners regarding account setup
- Setup and configure client gateway accounts
- Provide orientation in use of gateway reporting tools
- Respond to phone and email requests for assistance from clients
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve technical problems
- Document problems, solutions, and actions taken in a CRM system
- Serve as a transaction processing resource/expert for clients, sales and customer service teams
- Strong Customer service and organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Technical orientation and familiarity with standard software applications (Word, Excel, Google Apps)
- Ability to follow up on leads and set own appointments.
- Experienced in “solution selling”, having the ability to work with clients by identifying company goals and initiatives and moving them through the sales cycle to close.
- Presentation skills
- Knowledge of credit card, e-check (ACH) and merchant service desirable
- Accounting/Bookkeeping experience considered a plus
- 2-3 years experience in customer service industry preferred
"I started working with Softerware about three years ago and immediately fell in love with the company because of the people! Since transitioning to the implementation department, being able to rely on my coworkers is more important than ever and their incredible generosity of time and talent is without match. While my favorite part of my job will always be the people I work with, it is also sincerely gratifying to work with dedicated people from all over the country and do my part to help them fulfill their non-profit’s missions and goals. "