Data Conversion Specialist
SofterWare is on the “Philly.com Top Workplaces” list for the seventh time! We have enjoyed over 35 years of continuous growth because our employees and customers are happy. Our employees are offered a challenging and rewarding career along with a generous benefits program. SofterWare is a fun place to work and we support a work-life balance.
We offer benefits such as time off to volunteer, meditation classes, and a casual dress environment. In addition, we enjoy company events like a family Halloween open house and an annual holiday party. Our open office is state of the art and provides you with access to a gym, cafeteria, and walking trails, which will keep you energized.
This position is responsible for providing SofterWare’s customers with data-related services. This primarily consists of providing data migration services, as new customers often have data in other applications that needs to be brought into our software. This entails both technical aspects of working with data files, as well as frequent interaction with SofterWare’s customers, typically via telephone and e-mail.
- Convert data from other sources into SofterWare’s products, primarily our DonorPerfect product line for non-profit organizations
- Work with clients to identify and define their data conversion needs
- Document all data conversion procedures
- Assist clients with providing data to us for review and conversion
- Provide clients with data enhancement services offered by SofterWare
- Assist the Data Services Team Leader in all department tasks, as needed
- Minimum of 2 or 4-year college degree in IT related field
- Strong familiarity with executing queries, functions, stored procedures and general data manipulation within MS SQL Server
- Knowledge of general database design and usage (especially relational databases), and all other Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to meet deadlines for multiple concurrent projects
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills as well as attention to detail
- Team and Relationship Building: Ability to build and manage relationships in a cross-functional environment
- Experience working with Salesforce and/or Microsoft Foxpro is a plus
"I started working with Softerware about three years ago and immediately fell in love with the company because of the people! Since transitioning to the implementation department, being able to rely on my coworkers is more important than ever and their incredible generosity of time and talent is without match. While my favorite part of my job will always be the people I work with, it is also sincerely gratifying to work with dedicated people from all over the country and do my part to help them fulfill their non-profit’s missions and goals. "