SofterWare is on the “Philly.com Top Workplaces” list for the seventh time! We have enjoyed over 35 years of continuous growth because our employees and customers are happy. Our employees are offered a challenging and rewarding career along with a generous benefits program. SofterWare is a fun place to work and we support a work-life balance.
We offer benefits such as time off to volunteer, meditation classes, and a casual dress environment. In addition, we enjoy company events like a family Halloween open house and an annual holiday party. Our open office is state of the art and provides you with access to a gym, cafeteria, and walking trails, which will keep you energized.
As an Agile Business Analyst, the majority of your time will be spent breaking down features into product backlog items that can be delivered iteratively to provide the maximum value to our clients. Once the items are prioritized, groomed, and broken down with the squad, you will help the team deliver the definition of done by acting as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and scrummaster when needed: leading sprint planning, scrum, sprint review, and sprint retrospective.
- Work with the Associate Product Manager, Program Manager, clients, and other stakeholders to analyze business requirements to ensure use case scenarios are understood, well-defined, and documented (i.e., may require process flow diagrams, data analysis reports, etc.).
- Create User Story and Acceptance Criteria (functional/design specifications) within Team Foundation Server (TFS) following an iterative approach of breaking down work that will act as the input to our QA test creation / run process.
- Collaborate with our UX Team to ensure our user experiences meet the needs of the requirements defined.
- Support Associate Product Manager, Program Manager, and BA Manager with feature creation and backlog grooming as needed.
- Lead requirement working sessions, sprint planning sessions, Daily Scrum, Sprint Reviews, and Retrospectives following Agile Scrum development processes to deliver features to our clients.
- Act as scrummaster on assigned squad(s) as needed.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 1 to 3 years experience as a Business Analyst, along with experience in the areas of software Product Development/Management.
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC) utilizing Agile approaches and techniques.
- Experience leading and fostering team collaboration following an Agile development methodology.
- Excellent oral, written communication, and time management skills.
- Able to work independently and/or within a team environment as required.
- Detail-oriented, self-directed, and highly accountable.
- Strong decision making skills with ability to execute identified priorities with high quality standards.
- Experience in Microsoft office tools, Visio, and PowerPoint required.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server (TFS), VS Storyboarding, MS Team Testing or other Agile management tools highly desired.
"Working as a Business Analyst is very rewarding. As a company, we strive to innovate and improve our products in a way that will have a meaningful impact for our customers. I get to collaborate with my team and work to deliver a product that customers love using. "