SofterWare is on the “Philly.com Top Workplaces” list for the seventh time! We have enjoyed over 35 years of continuous growth because our employees and customers are happy. Our employees are offered a challenging and rewarding career along with a generous benefits program. SofterWare is a fun place to work and we support a work-life balance.
We offer benefits such as time off to volunteer, meditation classes, and a casual dress environment. In addition, we enjoy company events like a family Halloween open house and an annual holiday party. Our open office is state of the art and provides you with access to a gym, cafeteria, and walking trails, which will keep you energized.
Does the thought of helping nonprofits fulfill their mission sound rewarding? How about helping childcare providers get organized so they can find more time in their day to spend with the children? These are our clients, and we’re helping them make the world a better place.
- Work with the Program Manager, Architect, and Product Manager to refine and streamline the items – documenting them in the work item tracking solution, Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Create screen implementation designs that support those requirements in conjunction with the Product Manager, Program Manager, and usability team, provide the required documentation to various departments including Support, Quality Assurance, Training, and Content teams, and act as subject matter expert to other areas of the organization.
- Create functional specifications as TFS work items from business and product requirements.
- Create A/B test designs to present to focus, alpha, and other feedback-gathering sessions.
- Participate in effort/sprint planning, retrospectives, daily scrums, and other group functions as part of Agile process.
- Create process flow diagrams as the basis for designing new product features.
- Create acceptance test criteria as input to the QA test creation process.
- Present designs to internal and external user group participants.
- Assist the UX team with creating designs that support desired user experiences based on requirements.
- Assist with internal testing, training, and rollout activities as needed.
- Handle other projects and responsibilities as needed.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2-4 years of work experience as a Business Analyst; previous work in a Product Development/Management role preferred.
- Superior communication skills; ability to communicate clearly (both written and orally) with regard to application at all levels of audience understanding.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office tools, Visio and PowerPoint required.
- High level of detail orientation, accountability, self-direction, initiative, and ability to work within a project and timeline.
- Ability to work independently or on a team as required.
- Strong work ethic and good time management and decision making skills required.
- Understanding of project management and software development life cycle approaches (Certification preferred).
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server (TFS), VS Storyboarding, and MS Team Testing highly desired.
- Experience with Agile development approaches like SCRUM highly desired.
"Working as a Business Analyst is very rewarding. As a company, we strive to innovate and improve our products in a way that will have a meaningful impact for our customers. I get to collaborate with my team and work to deliver a product that customers love using. "