Do you want to work for one of Philly.com’s Top Work Places? Our employees are very proud that SofterWare is on the “Philly.com Top Work Places” list for the fifth time! The two keys to SofterWare’s success are customer and staff happiness, and they are two reasons we’ve enjoyed over 35 years of continuous growth. In addition to a challenging and rewarding career, SofterWare is also a fun place to work with barbeques, Phillies games, company sport’s teams, a wellness program, casual dress environment, and so much more.
The success of SofterWare’s products is due, in large part, to the skills and professionalism of our Quality Assurance Analysts. Our rapidly growing company is expanding its development department to include a new QA Analyst. This position is responsible for developing, publishing, and implementing test plans for our software applications.
- Participate in the on-going development of new features and enhancements for our applications while periodically being involved in other company-wide development initiatives.
- Will recommend improvements to both the technology and business functionality of the product.
- Quickly investigate and resolve system defects and errors. Ensure best practices are employed throughout the process.
- Embrace Agile/Scrum processes, be accountable for your work and those of your teammates, ensure your code performs and is well-tested.
- Estimate, track, and deliver your own work effort and meet the commitments you make.
- Report project status, progress, or possible barriers to timely release of production-ready software
The skills and experience of our Training Specialist typically include:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Five or more years’ experience in web application development using Microsoft C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, MVC, AJAX/jQuery, and/or related technologies
- Experienced in web application evaluation, testing, configuration and implementation.
- Database experience using Microsoft SQL 2014 and query tools, including stored procedures, DTS, and database security.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 2012 operating systems and client-server operations.
- Troubleshooting of .NET Framework related issues.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015/ Microsoft Team Foundation Server experience preferred.
- IIS administration, planning, and deployment knowledge is a strong plus.
- SQL 2014 administration, planning, and deployment experience a strong plus.
- Proven ability to work well with others on a team, and capable of operating and delivering work independently.
SofterWare is headquartered in Horsham, with over 200 personnel worldwide. We are a Microsoft Certified Development Partner with thousands of delighted clients throughout the US and internationally, and are featured in the Deloitte Fast 50, Inc. 5000, and Software Magazine Top 500 list of companies and Philly.com Top Workplaces. SofterWare specializes in developing software for vertical markets – primarily nonprofit organizations, private and public schools, child care centers, and camps. We offer an excellent benefits package, including:
- Medical, Prescription, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Short term disability
- Pre-Tax Coverage for Dependents and Voluntary Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Quarterly Incentive Bonuses
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing Retirement Plan
- PTO (including time off for Volunteer/Community Service)
To learn more about SofterWare, click here!
*When responding to this posting, please include a cover letter, and state your salary requirements. Applications missing these elements will be delayed or rejected.