Do you want to work for one of Philly.com’s Top Work Places? Our employees are very proud that SofterWare is on the “Philly.com Top Work Places” list for the fifth time! The two keys to SofterWare’s success are customer and staff happiness, and they are two reasons we’ve enjoyed over 35 years of continuous growth. In addition to a challenging and rewarding career, SofterWare is also a fun place to work with barbeques, Phillies games, company sport’s teams, a wellness program, casual dress environment, and so much more.
The success of SofterWare’s products is due, in large part, to the skills and professionalism of our employees. We are currently seeking a DevOps Systems Administrator to join our team.
- Ensures the high availability, security, and performance of the production and development environments for our customer facing applications and their backends (DPO, WebLink, EZCare).
- Works with the Architect and development team to ensure error free build and code deployment process for both IIS/.NET and Microsoft SQL Server deployments on AWS EC2.
- Ensures AWS server images are provisioned, maintained, and secured
- Adjusts server load periodically to ensure maximum resource utilization.
- Monitors server performance and works with the DBA writing queries to address issues.
- Ensures data backups are reliable and backup strategy is effective through regular testing.
- Reacts swiftly to any notification of production outage situation and responds quickly and effectively.
- Researches production issues and resolves them – involving other development or operations staff as needed.
- Collaborates with the application development teams to produce high-performing code.
- Consults with Architect, Systems Administrator, and Program managers in a SCRUM-based Agile development methodology to create system improvements and/or deployment on time and within quality standards.
- Suggest improvements to both the technology and business functionality of the product, will estimate work activity, will deliver high-quality, low-defect engineering work product within established timelines, and will ensure effective information flow throughout.
- May contribute to other projects or products as assigned.
- Participates in regular effort/sprint planning, retrospectives, daily scrum and other group functions as part of Agile development process.
- Position requires occasional after-hours work during releases other critical initiatives.
- 5-10 or more years Microsoft Windows Server & IIS experience with at least 3 years experience in administrative capacity. Experience as a DBA a strong plus. Previous development experience a strong plus
- Experience working with Amazon EC2 environment.
- Experience using Windows Server/Microsoft SQL and related administration and query tools. Comfort writing and performance administration scripts, powershell, .NET code, optimizing SQL, including stored procedures and functions and in a high-volume database environment
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server, IIS administration, and web-server operations, automated deployment, etc
- Experience with Team Foundation Server and AGILE development approaches a plus.
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent in a related field.
- Microsoft certification strongly preferred.
SofterWare is headquartered in Horsham, with over 200 personnel worldwide. We are a Microsoft Certified Development Partner with thousands of delighted clients throughout the US and internationally, and are featured in the Deloitte Fast 50, Inc. 5000, and Software Magazine Top 500 list of companies and Philly.com Top Workplaces. SofterWare specializes in developing software for vertical markets – primarily nonprofit organizations, private and public schools, child care centers, and camps. We offer an excellent benefits package, including:
- Medical, Prescription, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Short term disability
- Pre-Tax Coverage for Dependents and Voluntary Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Quarterly Incentive Bonuses
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing Retirement Plan
To learn more about SofterWare, click here!
*When responding to this posting, please include a cover letter, and state your salary requirements. Applications missing these elements will be delayed or rejected.